Procurement Card Program
The Purchasing Card Program is a simplified method of obtaining goods and services. This program is designed to delegate the authority and capability to purchase low-value items directly to the person to whom it most matters – YOU, the user. Use of the card will significantly reduce the requirements to get purchase order numbers, process invoices for payments and prepare voucher/payment documents.
To request a Procurement Card, you:
- Must be a full-time employee.
- Submit a Procurement Card Application to the Purchasing Office.
- Sign a Purchasing Card Program Cardholder Agreement, after receiving the procurement card, and submit it to the Purchasing Office.
- Use card for business purposes only. Use for personal transactions of any amount may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
- Ensure receipt of materials/services and follow up with vendors to resolve any discrepancies.
A consolidated card statement is sent to Accounts Payable and a listing of purchases is sent to the cardholder every 30-day cycle. Departments are responsible for maintaining a Procurement Card Transaction Log to be reconciled with the procurement card statement each billing cycle.
Contact the Purchasing Office at 956-882-6553 or see the resources section for more information.