Mission, Philosophy and Goals
Our mission is to provide high quality language courses for our community that meet the challenges of today's global competition and to provide language-oriented academic reinforcement for limited-English-proficient college students. The Language Institute is committed to achieve this mission by continuously enhancing the quality of our service and constantly innovating teaching methodologies. We are dedicated to helping students fulfill academic, professional and personal goals.
Our aim is to be internationally recognized as a university language program with optimal courses, innovative research-based pedagogical techniques, the most courteous staff and the best team of instructors. We seek to exceed the expectations of current and future students in order to build a reputation that will endure for years.
We believe that in order to meet the demands of a growing diversified community, we must offer quality language instruction and continue to provide professional customer service. It is our strong commitment to diligently carry out our function as language educators for the members of our community and individuals around the world.
Goals and Objectives
- Prepare students academically to meet university course standards
- Exceed students' expectations in language courses
- Enhance students' self-esteem in their practice of second language skills
- Promote the importance of multilingualism in our community
- Provide additional out-of-class resources for language practice
- Motivate students towards their educational goals and objectives