One West University Boulevard, Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-882-8200

Undergraduate Admission Types

High School Graduation

An official high school transcript showing the date of graduation must be submitted to Admissions and Recuitment prior to registration.


Applicants who did not graduate from high school may be admitted by successfully completing the General Education Development Testing Program (G.E.D.). A copy of the Certificate of High School Equivalency with test scores must be submitted to Admissions & Recruitment prior to registration.

Transfer from Another College

Students who have attended other colleges must submit official transcripts from each institution prior to registration. Veterans applying for benefits must provide a transcript since credit for previous education must be verified.

Returning Students

Former students are required to file a readmission application if they have not been enrolled during the previous long semester (fall and spring). Former students who are not in good standing may be eligible for readmission in accordance with standards established through the policy on Satisfactory Academic Progress. Students seeking readmission who enrolled at other colleges or universities after last attending must apply as transfer students and meet the admission requirements for transfer students.

Fresh Start

An applicant for admission may seek to enter this institution pursuant to the state’s "academic fresh start" statute, Texas Education Code, §51.931. If the applicant informs Admissions & Recruitment in writing of his or her election under the statute, the institution will not consider academic course credits or grades earned by the applicant 10 or more years prior to the starting date of the semester in which the applicant seeks to enroll. An applicant who makes the election to apply under this statute may not receive any course credits for courses taken 10 or more years prior to enrollment. An applicant who has earned a baccalaureate degree under the "academic fresh start" statute, Texas Education Code, §51.927, will be evaluated on the grade point average of the course of work completed after enrollment under "fresh start" and the other criteria stated herein.

Concurrent/Dual Enrollment

Students who have completed their junior year of high school may, upon recommendation of their high school principal, be permitted to enroll. The Request for Concurrent Enrollment Form, Student Guidelines for the Dual Enrollment and Request for Dual Enrollment are also available at Admissions & Recruitment. Concurrently enrolled students receive college credit only. Dual enrolled students receive high school and college credit. Students must pass all sections of the exit-level TAKS before they can attempt the official THEA test, including alternative tests. Students who are interested in concurrent enrollment must have met the THEA requirement.

Audit Enrollment

Offered on a space-available basis for auditing some courses. Interested persons should contact Admissions & Recruitment at

Admissions & Recruitment
Show Office Hours & Staff ( + )

Enrollment Center @
The Tower, Main 1.100

One West University Boulevard Brownsville, Texas 78520

Phone: (956) 882-8295
Fax: (956) 882-7810

For comments and questions, please contact the Webmaster.