One West University Boulevard, Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-882-8200

Proof of Residency

Submit residency documents to the Admissions Office, located in Tandy Hall, Room 115. Residency status will affect your tuition rate. All residency documents must include your name and address and must be dated 12 months prior to the 1st class day. Examples of proof of residency include:

  • Valid permanent Texas driver’s license or ID card
  • Lease agreement
  • Texas voter registration card
  • Utility bill
  • Texas high school or college transcript
  • Property tax statement or receipt
  • Bank statement
  • Employer statement indicating dates of employment
  • Make sure your Meningitis booster or immunization is up-to-date.

NOTE: If you are a naturalized citizen or legal resident alien, please provide your naturalization certificate or resident alien card.

*Send all documents to: The University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College, Office of Admissions, Tandy 115, 80 Fort Brown, Brownsville, Texas 78520.

Click here for more information on Determining Student Residency or here for Residency Responsibilities.

  • image 1Residency status will affect your tuition rate!
  • image 2Send all required documents now.
For comments and questions, please contact the Webmaster.