You can apply online through ApplyTexas.org
All new entering students, defined as first-time freshman, transfer and returning students who have been enrolled at an institution of higher education prior to January 1, 2012 and are enrolling after a long semester (fall, spring) break, must provide The University of Texas at Brownsville’s Student Health Services with one of the following in order to clear admission requirements:
- Certification from a health care practitioner evidencing the student has received the vaccination or booster for bacterial meningitis five (5) years prior to enrolling in the University and at least ten (10) days prior to the first day of class; or
- A certificate from a health care practitioner stating that the vaccination for bacterial meningitis would be injurious to the health and well-being of the student; or
- An affidavit signed by the student indicating the vaccination for bacterial meningitis has been declined for reasons of conscience. A completed, notarized "Exemption from Immunization for Reasons of Conscience" form from the Texas Department of State Health Services must be used. The only approved form for this exemption can be found here. If the student is age 18 or older, they can complete the form themselves, listing themselves as the parent or legal guardian.
If you are unable to receive the meningitis vaccination from a local health care practitioner, UTB Student Health Services provides the vaccination for the following:
- Students 18 and under $10
- Student 19 and over $109
Students who do not meet the meningitis vaccination requirement prior to the Admission deadlines will not be cleared for admittance and should prepare for enrollment into the following semester.
Please note that the vaccination requirements do not apply to those students who are enrolled in only on-line classes or other distance education courses or are 30 years of age or older prior to first day of class.
Effective: Spring 2012
For more information please visit our Student Health Services, or call 956-882-3896 or Texas Education Code.
Apply for VA education benefits at www.gibill.va.gov
- VA Application 22-1990 and Certificate of Eligibility
- Copy of DD-214 (Member 4)
- Copy of Statement of Charges
- Copy of updated degree plan (see your advisor)
- Academic Advising Worksheet (if enrolling in remedial courses)
Veterans are required to submit a DD214 to allow one Kinesiology credit in order to start a trouble-free educational transition into an educational setting. The Military Credit will post on the last completed enrolled semester by the transcript evaluator. The student will need to have attended 12 college credit hours at UTB before the posting of kinesiology course credit. The credit will not show a letter grade but rather a "CR" signifying one credit given.
Order Military Transcripts:
- Veterans Chapters
- VA INFO
- TEXAS VETERANS
STEP 4: ASK FOR FINANCIAL HELP
To view our UTB Tuition and Fees Table please click here.
STEP 5: MEET WITH AN ADVISOR
Planning your future is no small feat. Choosing the right path at UTB is essential for your future. Our academic advisors are committed to guiding students in developing educational, career, and life goals and can assist you in selecting courses appropriate to your program of study. To schedule an appointment, contact the Academic Advising Center located in the Camille Lightner Center at (956) 882-7362 or visit their website.
STEP 6: ATTEND ORIENTATION
Orientation is a two-day immersion into the UTB life and culture. During this orientation, you will get to explore the campus, meet student leaders, faculty and staff, get first-hand insight from current students and get a glimpse of what’s to come. Attendance is mandatory in order for students to register for classes. Click here for more information on Scorpiontation, or call the Office of the Dean of Students at (956) 882-5141.
STEP 7: REGISTER FOR CLASSES
After you’re admitted, you’ll gain access to UTB’s class catalogue and will be able to register at Scorpion Online.
We look forward to receiving your application for admission! Come join us and become a Scorpion.