Steps to Take Before Registration Periods Open
- Review the Course Schedule Students are encouraged to begin reviewing course offerings online as soon as they become available.
This allows you to be aware of any prerequisites for courses and any courses that require departmental approval. Reviewing times and locations as early as possible allows you to get a head start on planning your schedule for the next semester.
- Meet With Your an Academic Advisor
If you have already declared a program of study, an advisor can assist you with course selection, specific degree plan requirements, and will keep you informed of academic policies and procedures.
If you have not declared a program of study, set up an appointment with an advisor by visiting the Academic Advising Center at Main 1.400 or by calling (956) 882-7362. A program of study helps guide you, semester by semester, as you work towards completing your degree.
- Complete Requirements
Update Your Student Information Students should verify that all information such as name, address and email are correct.
- Clear all admissions requirements.
- Clear all outstanding institutional debts.
- Clear all outstanding institutional holds on academic records.
- Complete testing requirements.
- All new students are required to meet with an academic advisopr. For more information visit the Academic Advising Center at Main 1.400 or call (956) 882-7362.
- Attend orientation. All Freshman are required to attend an Orientation session. For more information, visit the Dean of Students' Office located in Cortez Hall 213 or call (956) 882-5141.
Students can update their mailing addresses and email addresses by logging onto UTB Online. Any students wishing to update a name change or permanent residence address should visit Admissions in Main 1.100.
Information for Students with Disabilities
Have a disability? Interested in knowing what services or support UTB offers? Either before or after you register, visit Disability Services in Cortez Hall 129, call (956) 882-7374 or send an e-mail.