One West University Boulevard, Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-882-8200

Transfer Credit

Transfer credits are accepted from recognized, accredited colleges and universities.

Credits may be transferred if the grade is a C or higher, which will be determined upon transcript evaluation. However, if an accepted transfer student feels that he or she should be awarded credit from a previously attended institution, the student has the opportunity to request a petition for that course’s credit by completing a Transfer Credit Petition Form located in the Enrollment Center @ The Tower, Main 1.100

Transfer Admissions Applicant with Foreign Educational Course work – must have their transcripts evaluated from one of the following agencies:

A course by course evaluation is required with course description.

World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
Phone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6100

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
Phone: (414) 289-3400
Fax: (414) 289-3411

Span Tran Educational Services, Inc.
2400 Augusta Dr., Suite 451
Houston, TX 77057
Phone: (713) 266-8805

Texas Common Course Numbering System - is used to validate courses that will be transferable to UTB’s common course system with other respective Texas Academic Institutions. There will be no petitions permitted in disputing UTB’s Texas common course numbering system. To access the Texas Common Course Numbering System visit

Transfer Services
Show Office Hours & Staff ( + )

Enrollment Center @
The Tower, Main 1.100

One West University Boulevard Brownsville, Texas 78520

Phone: (956) 882-8295
Fax: (956) 882-4198

For comments and questions, please contact the Webmaster.