Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance
For children and spouses of veterans who died or were permanently and totally disabled as the result of a service-connected disability. The disability must have arisen out of active service in the Armed Forces. Veterans who died from any cause while such service-connected disability was in existence, serviceperson missing in action or captured in line of duty by a hostile force, or serviceperson forcibly detained or interned in line of duty by a foreign government or power may qualify through Chapter 35.
- VA Application for Educational Benefits VA 22-5490/Certificate of Eligibility/On-line Application
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of updated Degree Plan (see Advisor)
- Academic Advising Worksheet (if enrolling in remedial courses)
- Statement of Charges (copy per semester)