Study Room Policies
No food allowed in the study rooms. Only bottled containers and cups with lids.
Study Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Study rooms are available for study and research only. Playing games is NOT permitted.
- All UTB student, faculty and/or staff members must present their current UTB ID CARD in order to check out and renew a study room key from the Circulation & Reserves Desk. These rooms are not available for use by the general public.
- Study rooms may be occupied for a 3 hour time period. However, if additional time is needed after the initial 3 hour limit has expired, and no one is waiting for the room in use, the patron may renew the study room at the Circulation & Reserves desk for an additional amount of 3 hours. The time limit can NOT exceed 6 hours.
- The lights must remain ON at all times.
- Please be considerate and maintain a moderate noise level. Loud talking disturbs other users in adjoining rooms and outside the rooms. Excessive, noise and/or disruptive behavior will result in suspension of study room privileges. Study rooms are not sound proof.
- If a patron needs to step out for a break, the study room key must be left with the Circulation staff before exiting the building. We will only hold the key for 5 minutes, if the student does not return after the 5 minute break, the Circulation staff and/or UTB Security Guard will remove all personal items (laptop, iPod, purse, bag pack, books, etc.) from the study room to allow someone else the opportunity to use the study room.
- The Library is not responsible for personal items left unattended in these rooms. All items left in the study rooms will be turned in to Campus Police. Library is not responsible for theft or damage to personal property.
- To respect our users' privacy, library staff will not inform users what study room their friends, roommates, classmates and so forth are using.
- Please be courteous and vacate the room when your time is up. Please pull the door shut and return the key to the Circulation & Reserves Desk. Study rooms are kept locked at all times when not in use.
- Study rooms must be vacated 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Student must observe library regulations, and leave the room in good order. Users of the rooms are responsible for any damage in the room. The student using the room is responsible to the Library for the replacement cost of $10.00 for a lost/stolen study room key.
- If student does not return key to the Circulation desk, student will be blocked from registration. Campus Police will be notified to make contact with student. If student returns the key between 2-4 days, overdue fine is $5.00. If student returns the key after 5 days, overdue fine is $10.00.
NOTE: Room renewals will only be allowed at the discretion of the Circulation Staff and/or UTB Security Guard. The three-hour policy will be strictly enforced to allow fair access to the study rooms. Study room privileges may be suspended if these rules are not followed and if patrons violate the Library Patron Rights and Responsibilities. Disruptive conduct WILL NOT be tolerated and referred to the Dean of Students Office.