Extended Library Hours Policies
The University Boulevard Library will extend its hours of operation a week before and during final exams to provide a safe and comfortable research and study environment free of disruption for its students, staff, and faculty.
- The library will be open until 1:00am Sunday - Thursday. The hours between 11:00pm and 1:00am are to be used for study purposes only.
- In order to have access to the library at the aforementioned hours, patrons are required to present their UTB ID Card. No Exceptions.
- All patrons are required to sign in at the Circulation front desk for verification purposes. No Exceptions.
- No food or drinks will be allowed in the library building and study rooms except for bottled containers or cups with lids.
- All patrons are required to keep a moderate noise level in the library building and study rooms.
- Cellular and digital phones should be silenced or turned off so that other library users are not disturbed.
- Study rooms may be occupied for a 3 hour time period. However, if additional time is needed after the initial 3 hour limit has expired, and no one is waiting for the room in use, the patron may renew the study room at the Circulation & Reserves desk for an additional amount of 3 hours. The time limit can NOT exceed 6 hours
- The services that will be available from 11:00pm to 1:00am will include the following: checking in and checking out books, study room keys, materials placed on reserve by faculty, reference and computer help desk assistance.
- No picture IDs will be taken during extended library hours.
- The following departments will not be open from 11:00pm To 1:00am: Periodicals, the Learning Resource Center, and Interlibrary Loan services.
- Computer Help Desk staff will provide assistance with computers and copy or printing machines.
- No children allowed during the extended library hours.
- Security will be available to escort patrons if needed.
- Email any comments and suggestions regarding the extended hours to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If policy and procedures are not followed and if patrons violate the Library Polices and Responsibilities, the Campus Police Officer on duty will be notified immediately. Disruptive conduct WILL NOT be tolerated and will be referred to the Dean of Students Office.