Thank you for your interest in applying to the UTB Greater Texas Foundation Scholars Program. This is a competitive scholarship; as such, not all students who apply will be selected. Please read the following application carefully and follow all instructions. All applications must be typed.
Use the link below to access the Word version of the application.
Please note that the GTF Scholar Program will only review completed applications submitted on or before March 29, 2013.
Check List for Required Application Packet
• Application Form (Personal Information)
• High school transcript through Fall 2012(may be a copy)
• College transcript through Fall 2012 (may be a copy)
• Student’s essay (as described in the Application Form)
• Proof of FAFSA submission for 2013 - 2014
• Copy of online application to UTB for Fall 2013
• DEADLINE TO APPLY: March 29, 2013
(Applications postmarked AFTER March 29, 2013 will not be considered.
Application and Selection Process
of the materials listed above are required
for a complete registration packet. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Recipients will be selected by the UTB GTF Scholars Program Grant Committee and will be notified by mail. This committee will be made up of the Vice President for Student Affairs, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs/UTB GTF Program Coordinator and Assistant Program Coordinator.
*Mail or deliver complete application packet
before March 29, 2013, to:
Michael Aldape, Assistant Program Coordinator
80 Fort Brown Student Success Center North 103D, Brownsville, TX 78520