One West University Boulevard, Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-882-8200

social services

Because of their level of personal income and family situation, some students might be eligible for social services entitlements, such as Medicaid and food stamps.

The Student Health Services staff can assess eligibility and begin the application process with the student. In addition, referral services can be provided for other services such as housing, elderly care and other available charitable services.

Visit with one of our staff or call to schedule an appointment at (956) 882-8951.

Social Services program can assist with:

  • Medicaid Applications
  • Food stamps referrals
  • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)


For comments and questions, please contact the Webmaster.