Because of the highly technical nature of the Radiologic Technology Program, admission requirements are more rigid than for entrance into the general programs offered by UTB/TSC. Requirements for admission to the Radiologic Technology Program are as follows:
- Admission to UTB/TSC (acceptance does not necessarily guarantee acceptance to the Radiologic Technology Program)
- Completion of "Application for Admission" to the Radiologic Technology Program.
- Test score results — ACT Exam.
- Transcripts of all previous high school or college work or GED scores.
- Prerequisites: BIOL 2301, 2101, 2302, 2102 and HPRS 1204, 1101, 1106
Click here for more information about applying to the Radiologic Technology program.
Students will be selected from the applicant pool based on scores from the ACT test and grades in the following courses: Human Anatomy and Physiology I (Biology 2301), Human Anatomy and Physiology II (BIOL 2302), College Algebra (MATH 1314), and Composition I (ENGL 1301). While College Algebra and Composition I are not prerequisites for admission, good grades in these courses could raise your ranking in the applicant pool.
- A physical exam, up-to-date immunizations and CPR Certification are required of all students prior to clinical assignments. These may be obtained at Student Health Services.
- Criminal background checks will be required of allied health students prior to clinical assignments.
The UTB/TSC Radiologic Technology Program is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).