UTB Percussion Studies
Welcome to the UTB Percussion Studies website!!
The Percussion Studies curriculum is designed to present a comprehensive approach to the study and performance of all percussion instruments to include:
- The mastery of musicianship and proficiency in percussion performance and pedagogy
- Performance of a cross selection of literature in all styles and areas of percussion
- Regular solo and ensemble performance opportunities
- Participation in percussion master classes and recitals
- Frequent guest artists and clinicians
- Expanding inventory of high quality percussion instruments
- Practice rooms/storage dedicated exclusively to percussion
The goal of Percussion Studies at UTB is to provide versatile and real world opportunities for students facing tomorrows teaching and performance challenges.