CLA Strategic Plan
CLA Strategic Plan, 2010-2015
Institutional Goals from UTB Strategic Plan
1. Expand knowledge through research.
2. Promote excellence in teaching and learning.
3. Provide accessible, affordable post-secondary education by eliminating inter-institutional barriers.
4. Advance academic and economic development for [of] our region.
5. Enhance student success.
Current College of Liberal Arts Goals
1. Support and advance systematic inquiry and scholarly activities.
2. Maintain curriculum and teaching standards that provide students with the knowledge of the arts, literature, and history, as well as human behavior and cultures and that promote the General Educational Competencies of reading, writing, speaking, listening, critical thinking, and computer literacy skills.
3. Support and develop high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs that respond to the needs of students and the community .
4. Maintain and enhance relations with alumni and the community .
5. Engage in intervention to promote student success, retention, and graduation.