State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) regulations require candidates to meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to receive Master Technology Teacher (MTT) certification:
- Hold a technology applications certificate, OR
- Hold a technology education certificate, OR
- Hold a teaching certificate and have 3 years of teaching experience
AND must successfully complete:
- An approved MTT preparation program (such as the UTB program), and
- the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) MTT examination
The candidates in this program must:
- Successfully complete the four MTT courses and pass the end of course exam with 85 or higher to be allowed to take the MTT examination.
Courses are currently offered in the Spring, Fall, and Summer semesters.
To apply online, please click here. Those interested in the certificate only program do not need to take the GRE.
Students who are interested in learning about technology integration and development in the K-12 environment may take the classes as electives. Students may contact their advisor or Dr. Janice Butler for permission to take any of the four MTT courses.