Why choose Engineering Technology?
- Students in the programs have access to three large labs, where the latest computer applications run on up-to-date computers.
- Students can explore applications in 3D modeling, CAD/CAM, graphical presentations and animation.
- The program implements cutting-edge technologies used by industries, including AUTOCAD, INVENTOR, REVIT and SIEMENS Product Life Cycle Management Software-NX7.
- Senior project classes will give students experience in the areas of product design, manufacturing, robotics and renewable energy.
What are the employment opportunities in the Rio Grande Valley?
Engineering Technology graduates are qualified for a wide variety of positions in the industry:
- Engineering and architectural firms
- Manufacturing industries
- Construction and development
- City, county, state and federal government
- UTB and TSC engineering graduates have worked for companies such as TRICO, Keppel AmFELS and Brownsville Public Utilities Board.