What is the purpose of the SAC?
- Students want to have a say in decisions made about their education. The SAC communicates student views to those who make decisions about education.
- Schools need students with leadership skills. The SAC gives students leadership training and experience to fill this need.
The purposes of SAC are to:
- Provide a forum for communication and recommendation between the students of the College of Science, Mathematics and Technology, the Dean of CSMT, the department chairs, the faculty, concerning problems and issues which are important to the students of the CSMT.
- Promote better student participation with the governance of the CSMT through the dissemination of information regarding problems and activities.
- The primary internal function of the Student Advisory Council shall be to discuss issues of direct concern to the student body of the CSMT.