Time Line for Choosing a Learning Management System
Below is a timeline for the process of choosing a learning management system. This process is open to all. We want to provide a voice to faculty and give equal opportunity to the three exceptional companies we have narrowed the search to.
To be sure you are up to date on all the current and future events, please sign up on the Facebook page or the CTL Blog. Notices of events, happenings and news will be sent to your email.
- MayUpgrade to new Blackboard! To give Blackboard a fair chance, committee reports will not be due until we have had an opprotunity to evaluate the new Blackboard features.
- March May Workshops and trainings for the upgrade to the new Blackboard.
- March D2L will present to Deans and Chairs
- February Companies are asked to submit quotes and complete rubric of features.
- February Desire2Learn visit to UTB. Faculty can request a sandbox, a test account, to learn firsthand how D2L can be used.
- January Blackboard visit to UTB to show us the new, improved Blackboard format. The upgrade is scheduled to happen May. Workshops and trainings will be conducted this spring.
- January Center for Teaching and Learning developed a course for faculty to learn how Canvas works. If you would like to be included on the CTL course contact email@example.com
- December Diana Dominguez developed an online course using Canvas
- November Goldsmith and Ramirz meet with Blackboard to express concerns and challenges
- November Canvas visit to UTB