New Faculty and Graduate Assistants Orientations
Welcome! Academic Affairs and The Center for Teaching and Learning want to welcome you to UTB. We are committed to your success as a tenure track, contingent faculty member or a graduate teaching assistant. To start your semester out as a positive experience, we have planned special sessions for you during Fall 2013 Convocation Week August 19, 2013 to August 25, 2013 In addition you may contact the Center for Teaching and Learning at any time this summer for assistance.
You will receive a Convocation Schedule, but for your convenience we have added this page of activities just for you.
Schedule at a glance of orientation activities for new faculty
- Monday - Human Resources Welcome New Faculty, 1 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in TBD
- Tuesday - Academic Affairs Orientation, New Faculty, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Center for Teaching and Learning (TBD).
- Wednesday through Friday Convocation activities from are offered from the President, Academic Affairs, your College and Department. You may also choose workshops and helpshops from the Center for Teaching and Learning schedule of events. As new faculty and T.A.'s we recommend the that you attend workshops so we can fine tune the teaching strategies you use or innovative ones you want to use.
- Friday - New Graduate Teaching Assistant and Graders Orientation, August 23, 2 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. in UBCB 2.112
- Saturday - New Adjunct Orientation Saturday, August 24, 2012 9 a.m to 11:30 a.m. in TBD.
Your first step is to be sure you have your information into HR. All of the forms can be found by clicking here. Diana Rodriguez is your HR representative that will help you complete the forms. Once you have the forms into HR, then we can help you set up your email account, Blackboard, and other electronic accounts.
If you want to use technology in teaching, we have Turning Point Clickers that many faculty use. You will need to add this to your syllabus. You can find other technologies we support by looking at the Center for Teaching and Learning Website. If you don't see something you would like to use on the CTL webpages, we will help you find electronic resources you need.
To register (click here)
For any additional assistance in learning more about what the Center for Teaching and Learning Offers, please contact Betsy Price, 956-882-7334.