Applying for a Part Time Faculty Position
You will need a UTB/TSC application, cover letter, resume, and a copy of your transcripts.
Step 1: Prepare Your Vita or Resume
When you prepare your academic vita outline the following:
- Education - all college degrees earned, schools, dates
- Professional experience - relative full and part-time positions
- Professional organizations - memberships in professional organizations, affiliations, committees, offices, boards, etc.
- Publications - publications including articles in professional newsletters, journals, books or popular press
- Other skills - training, certifications, workshops, special skills
- Computer skills - hardware and software program proficiencies Include web development or other projects like graphics presentations or databases that were created as a result of computer skills
- Leadership qualities - activities in the community like volunteer jobs, boards, organization of events, charitable activities, etc.
- Teaching experiences - schools, professional, industrial, or volunteer teaching experiences
Step 2: Prepare Your Cover Letter
In your cover letter, include the following:
- Course(s) you are interested in teaching - visit UTB/TSC's course catalogue and list courses you would like to teach.
- How your expertise benefits UTB/TSC - UTB/TSC is a college that prides itself on its high quality and diverse teaching. How would your personality and background fit?
- Special interests or skills - are there any skills not mentioned above that you would like to highlight?
Step 3: Complete your application
Human Resources has the application and other information on line. On the left-hand bar go to EMPLOYMENT and click on the Faculty Application and Application Checklist. Both forms will be downloaded to your computer.
Step 4: Submit Your Application, Copies of Transcripts, Vita and Cover Letter
You can submit your packet on-line.
You can mail it to:
80 Fort Brown
Brownsville, TX 78520
Another option would be to personally bring in a paper work and complete the application at the Department of Human Resources.:
The Office of Human Resources is located in the Cortez Building - Suite 129.
Campus Map and Parking
How to Find UTB/TSC Campus in Brownsville