The goals of the College of Nursing reflect commitment to the mission of the Department and are congruent with the mission of the University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College and the mission the College of Nursing. The faculty accomplish the college and departmental missions as a community of scholars who:
- Engage in scholarly activities and disseminate research findings for the benefit of society and the nursing discipline.
- Contribute to the improvement of health care delivery through scholarship, consultation, and professional development activities.
- Maintain high quality vocational, associate, baccalaureate, and master’s level nursing programs that meet their intended program outcomes.
- Engage in evidence-based teaching.
- Provide leadership in nursing at local, regional, and international levels.
- Recognize the importance of attracting faculty and a student body that reflects and is sensitive to the cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity of the region.