Upon completion of the program, the graduate Vocational Nurse will be able to:
1. Collaborate effectively with clients, families, health care team, and community resources to provide holistic care.
2. Assist in the formulation of a systematic problem-solving approach to deliver basic nursing care to clients and implement approaches within ethical-legal limitations.
3. Assist in the coordination of patient care as a member of the health care team within the organizational framework of a structured health care setting.
4. Assume responsibility as a member of the nursing profession by demonstrating accountability for practice, promoting the practice of vocational nursing and participating in health promotion.
1. Graduates will have a 90% annual pass rate on the NCLEX-PN.
2. Attrition rate will be expected to be no more than
15% at end of Level I
10% at end of Level II
5% at end of Level III
3. 80% of employers of graduates will report that graduates were adequately prepared as entry-level practitioners.
4. 80% of graduates will express satisfaction with the program and comfort with their nursing skills.