Gain experience by getting out and getting involved:
• Career Services Department : Can assist to help locate internships, summer jobs, part-time jobs, and volunteer work.
• Student Employment Initiative: Provide students full- or part-time employment opportunities to develop work related skills and to assist in developing employment needs while attending college.
• On-Campus Employment :Find job opportunies within UTB/TSC.
• Study Abroad: Find relevant information regarding the programs for those students interested in pursuing educational opportunities in another country.
• *Texas parks & Wildlife : Offers (paid) Summer Student Internship Program especially designed for students enrolled in an accredited college or university.
• The Mickey Leland Environmental Internship Program : Provides summer internship opportunities for minorities, women, and economically disadvantaged students pursuing environmental, engineering, science-related, and public administration careers.
• Collegegrad.com: Offers information on interviews & negotiations, resumes & cover letters, internships and a job-posting search.
• College Recruiter : For students seeking part-time jobs or internships and graduates who are seeking full-time career or continuing education opportunities.
• Cool Works : Find an internship, job, volunteer work or career in some of the greatest places on Earth
• Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) : Find an extensive listing of Research Experience for Undergraduates Summer Programs for students who choose to have a research-focused summer experience.
•Making the Difference: Find information on a wide variety of federal jobs, internships, and student opportunities.
Grow personally and professionally by volunteering for an activity or organization.
• Clubs and Organizations
*STEMS Club Activities for students interested in Science, Technology,
Engineering and Mathematics.
• Community Service
*United Way of Southern Cameron County Way of Southern
*Good Neighbor Settlement House
*Boys and Girls Club
*Center for Civic Engagement
*Volunteer Interactive Program
*Volunteer in Brownsville
*Gladys Porter Zoo
*Resaca de la Palma State Park
*Healthy Communities of Brownsville
*Palo Alto Battlefield National Historic Site
Take part in projects either in or outside the classroom for valuable experiential learning.
• Career Services: Offers career development workshops, seminars, career fairs and other events throughout the semester.
• Student Success Center: Sponsors Academic and Career Counseling Workshops and Learning Enrichments Workshops.
• Undergraduate Research
• The Collegian Newspaper
• STING Radio