The Arts Center Fast Facts
To create a vibrant educational, performance and visual arts venue for students pursuing their dreams and also to provide the community with opportunities to participate and experience the arts in our diverse culture.
Studio Red, Houston, Texas, which specializes in the design of performance halls.
Skanska. USA, headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey.
On the Fort Brown campus, adjacent to the present Jacob Brown Auditorium, overlooking the Fort Brown Resaca. Entrances from University and International Boulevards.
- 49,000 square feet.
- 800-seat performance hall with a fully equipped stage to accommodate orchestras, operas, dance and theater productions.
- Performance hall stage accommodates up to 150 people simultaneously.
- Two rehearsal halls.
- Patrons’ room also a small recital hall.
- Choral rehearsal room.
- Five teaching studios.
- First-floor lobby visual arts gallery.
Venue to benefit:
- Fine arts students.
- High school UIL competitions.
- The community with visiting performances and exhibits.
- The voter-approved 2004 bond issue covered $18 million of the guaranteed maximum price of $25 million.
- Remaining $6.7 million is funded through private contributions from individuals, corporations and foundations.