Installment Payment Plan
The University offers a payment plan option to assist students in paying their balance. The Installment Payment Plan application is only for tuition and fees.
To qualify for an Installment Payment Plan, a person must:
- be a current student of UTB
- be free of any outstanding financial balance with UTB
- be registered for a minimum of three credit hours, and
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and a minimum completion rate of 70 percent or higher.
The completion rate is determined by dividing number of semester credit hours (SCH) completed by the number of semester credit hours attempted. For example: A student completes 21 SCHs of the 24 SCHs attempted (21/24 = .875). The completion rate for this student is 87.5%
Students can complete the Installment Payment Plan Application process online by logging in to UTB Online.
- Log in to UTB Online using your User Id and Password
- Click on Students and then click on Emergency and Installment Loans
- Fill out the application and press Submit.
- Complete and sign an Installment Payment Plan Promissory Note
- Pay a non-refundable Installment Payment Plan fee of $22.50, and
- Pay 50 percent of the total tuition and fees due for the semester within 24 hours of submitting application.
- The remaining 50 percent will be divided into two equal payments due 30 and 60 days from the first day of classes.
If you wish to verify your completion rate and grade point average, click on Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
Application Timeline - Fall 2014
Early registration: July 25 - August 14, 2014
1st installment due: September 25, 2014
2nd installment due: October 24, 2014
- If a student selects the Installment Payment Plan and then drops below the required three credit hours, the balance of tuition and fees becomes due in full.
- If a student selects the Installment Payment Plan, and adds additional classes during the Add/Drop Period, the plan will not be adjusted to accommodate the tuition and fees for the added courses.
- Payments made after the Installment Payment Plan Due Date are subject to a late fee of $5.00 and $25.00 reinstatement fee.
- Students who fail to pay their Installment Payment Plan balance in full, including any late charges, are subject to the following actions at the discretion of the University:
- Prevent from re-admission to the institution
- Withholding of grades, degrees and official transcripts
- All penalties and actions authorized by law
- The Installment Payment Plan is subject to change without notice or obligation in keeping with the policies and actions of The University of Texas System Board of Regents and in conforming with the laws of the State of Texas.