The following is a list of vacancies available on the date this bulletin is published. Applicants may complete an application form between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information on applications procedures, call the Human Resources Department at (956) 882-8205. Apply in person, or call to have an application mailed, or faxed (956) 882-7476.
Note: Any job offer from the University is contingent upon: (1) proof of authorization to work in the U.S. (2) proof of compliance with the Selective Service Law for males ages 18 through 25 (3) completion of a background check.
The University of Texas at Brownsville is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and all qualified Applicants receive equal consideration in the selection process.
The following positions require a Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in discipline.
- Bilingual Education
- Business Administration
- Business Technology
- Child Care and Development
- Computer Science
- Computer Software
- Counseling and Guidance
- Criminal Justice
- Educational Administration
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Psychology
- Educational Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Elementary and Secondary Education
- Engineering Technology
- English as a Second Language
- Human Services
- International Business
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Paralegal Studies (Law Degree)
- Speech Education
The following positions require a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with 18 graduate hours in discipline.
- Developmental Mathematics
- Developmental Reading
- Developmental Writing
- Accounting Technology
- Business/Office Technology
- Radiological Technology
- Respiratory Therapy Technology
- Vocational Nursing
- Medical Office Technology
- International Business (Export-Import, Customs, Regulations)
The following positions require a minimum of an Associate’s degree.
- Auto/Body Repair
- Auto/Diesel Mechanics
- Building Trades Carpentry
- Building Trades Electrical
- Building Trades Plumbing
- Emergency Medical Technology
- HVAC Repair & Installation
- Machine Shop
To be considered for a part-time appointment, candidates must submit a complete application, letter of interest, résumé, transcripts, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of five references.
Part-Time Faculty Applications
The University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College
80 Fort Brown – Cortez Bldg. #129 / Brownsville, Texas 78520
1-800-544-8208 / (956) 882-8205 / Fax (956) 882-7476