Questions to Ask When You Are Looking for Housing
- What is the rental price for the apartment?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms does the apartment have?
- How many tenants may (legally) share the apartment?
- Where is the apartment? How close to campus?
- What utilities are included in the rent? Air conditioner (a/c), cable tv hookup, electricity, heat, waste/garbage collection
- What furniture and/or appliances are in the apartment?
- What amenities are included in the rent? Swimming pool, parking, laundry room, bicycle storage, social room, pest control service, exercise room, game room, other
- Where is the nearest laundry?
- Is there a direct bus service to the nearest grocery store?
- Who is responsible for maintenance and repairs of the apartment (landlord or tenant)
- Is a short term lease available (semester, nine month, summer only?
- What is the price difference between a short term and a long term lease?
- Are sublets allowed? How are sublets handled?
- Is an application fee required? What is the required security deposit? Is the application fee credited to the security deposit?
- Is there a play area for children? How near is a public park?
- What is the neighborhood school my child(ren) will attend? How near is it?
- Is there a written move out policy? May I have a look at it? May I get a copy?
- What is the pet policy?
- Additional notes on the apartment?