For UTB Faculty & Staff
The application process for the UTB Faculty and Staff Tuition Assistance Program for the Summer 2013 will be as follows:
Summer I: Monday, April 29 - Friday, May 3, 2013
Summer II: Monday, May 27 - Friday, May 31, 2013
||Please note that applications will be accepted only during the designated dates above between 8:00 a.m. of the first date and 5:00 p.m. of the last date. Applications received before or after the designation dates and times will not be accepted. Please use the revised Tuition Assistance Application (which includes the Nepotism Question form) found below.|Please note that you need to answer "Yes" to all of the following questions in order to qualify for tuition assistance, no exceptions:
- Are you a UTB full-time employee and currently have been hired full-time for the last 12 consecutive months?
- Do you have your direct supervisor's approval and signature to take the class?
- Will you receive credit hours for taking the course?
- Is your Grade Point Average (GPA) at least 2.0 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate)?
- Is your completion rate at least 70% (undergraduate) or 90% (graduate)?
- Have you completed your state mandated training on the Training Post?
- Have you successfully completed all your courses in the last semester without withdrawing?
- Are you eligible to apply for scholarship based on the Nepotism Question for Scholarship Applicants?
Tuition Assistance Guidelines - Updated December 2011
Tuition Assistance Application - (includes Nepotism Question Form).
Tuition Assistance Course Substitution
Completed Tuition Application forms will be accepted by the Office of Human Resources on a first-come, first-serve basis through any one of the following ways:
- Email to Training@utb.edu
- Fax to (956) 882-7476
- Walk-in and drop off in person at Cortez Building 129, Office of Human Resources
All applicants will be notified of the approval status of their application.
||Note: If you are not eligible for Employee Tuition Assistance, you may still be eligible for other scholarships available. Click here for more information.|
For any questions concerning Employee Tuition Assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (956) 882-8205 or email at Training@utb.edu.