One West University Boulevard, Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-882-8200

Driving University Vehicles

To become an authorized driver for owned or leased university vehicles, employees must complete the following two-step process:

Step 1 - Driving Record Request

Submit a Driving Record Request (DRR) form to Campus Police to authorize the release and full disclosure of the employee's Texas Driver's License Records. Campus Police will make a record inquiry at least once a year after the employee was initially authorized to drive university vehicles, if the individual is still employed. By signing the DRR form, employees agree to immediately report to their supervisor the suspension or revocation of their operator’s license by the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Any employee who operates a university-owned, rented, leased, or personal vehicle for official university business at a time when his or her license was suspended or revoked will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.

Step 2 - Complete Training

Complete the Vehicle Safety module of the University Training Post and submit the certificate of completion to the Office of Human Resources (HR).

Non-Full Time Employees

In addition to completing the training, half-time, part-time, Student Employment Initiative, and college work-study employees must also include the name of department and signature of a supervisor (must be a full-time employee) on the certificate before forwarding it to HR.

15-Passenger Vans

A separate University Training Post module, specifically for driving 15-passenger vans, must be completed and the certificate should be submitted to the Office of Human Resources.

For more information, contact the Campus Police Department at 956-882-8233 or the Office of Human Resources at 956-882-6530.

For comments and questions, please contact the Webmaster.