The Skip Clean Program provides environmental and economic benefits.
- Decreases the amount of cleaning materials needed, such as trash liners and vacuum cleaner bags, since low-traffic areas are cleaned less frequently.
- Reduces the amount of waste that would end up in landfills since fewer cleaning materials are used.
- Conserves energy because offices are vacuumed less often.
- Cuts custodial costs due to reduction in cleaning materials used to keep the campus clean.
- Allows crews to focus efforts in high-traffic areas, such as restrooms and classrooms.