UTB and TSC CHALLENGE FOR EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP
Application Deadline: April 1, 2012
- MAJOR: All
- GPA: Cumulative B average, 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- CITIZENSHIP: N/A
- CLASSIFICATION: First-time Freshman
- CONDITIONS: Student must graduate under the Texas Recommended or Distinguished Achievement curriculum. Student graduating from an unaccredited high school, home school or other school must score at least 1000 on the SAT or 21 on the ACT. Proof of scores required.
- ENROLLMENT: Student must complete 30 semester credit hours per academic year: 15 each fall and spring or 12 each fall and spring and six in summer. Student must progress through consecutive semesters for up to 120 semester credit hours. Student may not be enrolled in remedial classes.
- AWARD: $1,000 per semester, $8,000 maximum
- AWARD RENEWAL: Student must maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA and continue full-time progression through fall-spring or fall-spring-summer semesters, as stated in above requirements for enrollment.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Student must comply online by the university’s published scholarship deadline. Applications require an essay. Recipients will be selected by the university’s scholarship committee. Scholarships will be renewable for students who continue to comply with criteria.