UTB AmeriCorps Program
AmeriCorps is an opportunity to make a big difference in your life and in the lives of those around you. As an AmeriCorps member, you’ll gain new skills and experiences—and you’ll also find the tremendous satisfaction that comes from helping others.
AmeriCorps members assist students with the enrollment process (admissions, testing, academic advising, financial aid, orientation, registration, etc.), facilitate parent workshops and serve as a liaison for students (at ISD high schools and other designated venues, via phone and/or email). Members will maintain program activity logs, compile reports and other required documentation.
- Serve for 10 months for 20 hours per week: from August 1, 2013 to May 31, 2014 (80% of the time will be spent at area high schools, 8am to 5pm)
- Earn a $2,775 educational award
- Semi-monthly stipend will be provided during the 10 months
- Understanding of the university enrollment process
- Enrolled for Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 at UTB
- Unofficial transcript
- 24 credit hours completed
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
Submit your application and required documentation to the AmeriCorps office in Tandy Hall, Room# 206G, deadline to apply is June 30, 2013
Office Location: Tandy Hall, Room# 206G