- How will I be notified of my graduation status?
Students will be notified of their status via email or phone. If you have not been notified, please contact Registrars at (956) 882-8254 to check on your status.
- Do I have to pay for two graduation application fees if I plan to double major?
No, students applying for graduation as a double major will pay for only one graduation application fee.
- Where do I order my cap and gown?
Students may order their cap and gown through the UTB Bookstore. Please contact the UTB Bookstore at (956) 882-8249 for more information on prices and availability.
- Will my graduation honors appear on the diploma?
No, graduation honors will not appear on the diploma but will appear on your transcript. Students earning graduation honors will also be recognized at the commencement ceremony.
- When is the graduation ceremony for the Summer Session?
The University does not hold a summer graduation ceremony. All summer graduates will be invited to participate in the fall graduation ceremony in December.
- How do I register for the graduation ceremony?
An RSVP letter will be sent via email to all students who have applied for graduation. Students will have the opportunity to confirm their attendance, or if not attending, whether they would like to pick up the diploma or have it mailed to the address listed on the graduation application. Summer graduates will receive the RSVP letter during the Fall semester.
- When is the deadline to apply for graduation?
Commencement Application Deadlines
||There is no commencement ceremony, however summer graduates will be invited to participate in the fall commencement
- How do I participate in the Ring Ceremony?
For information regarding the ceremony, please visit the Dean of Students located at Cortez Hall 213 or call (956) 882-5141.