Vision and Projects
Information technology at UTB/TSC will keep pace with an evolving, interactive, student-centered and collaborative electronic learning environment, providing seamless access to data, information and knowledge, in an effort to meet the academic, student and administrative needs and goals of the University community. Information technology will be administered within an environment providing quality services for the global campus of the future. As part of this commitment with the university community Information Technology has many projects that will help the students and professors.
- SMS texting system for emergency notifications.
- Cable TV channels for emergency messages.
- Videoconferencing equipment setup.
- Installation of Second Life in Computer Labs.
- Implementation of new web design.
- Setting up computers and other equipment in Oliveira Library.
- Updating Data Protection Management (DMP) servers.
- Upgrade of Blackboard learning system to latest version 9.1.