Lab Work Order Policy
In order to schedule software installations/updates for the labs, Spiceworks Work Orders must be submitted 30 days in advance of the required date.
Prior to each semester, Spiceworks Work Orders must be submitted 30 days before the first day of class. This facilitates scheduling and enables all requests for each lab to be done at one time; therefore avoiding revisits to the same lab. This deadline is strictly observed and is necessary so the software can be tested for compatibility and included on the disk image for that semester.
The requesting party is responsible for verifying correct software installation/reconfiguration. The faculty member that will be utilizing the lab must personally test the software and report any problems in advance in order to allow enough time to correct the problem before the session begins. ITS Help Desk personnel do not know the intended function of all software, and are therefore not able to verify proper function. Corrections to installation/reconfiguration may take up to one week to complete after the initial problem report is received by the ITS Help Desk.
Lab software installations/updates requests deadlines:
Semester Deadline for Work Orders First Day of Class.
New Semester Checklist
- Check all course curriculums to see what software is required.
- Double-check all current curriculums to see if a new version or update is needed for current software.
- Ensure that proper licenses have been purchased in advance before a work order is submitted. Please ensure that all license codes and documentation are readily available.
- If request is for a lab under another department's control, ensure proper permissions are submitted to the Help Desk before a work order is submitted.
- Before buying new software to be installed, consult with ITS so we can ensure that it will function in our labs (that computers or software meet the minimum requirements, vlan compatible, etc.)
- Inform ITS of any discontinued software so it can be excluded when the lab is reimaged.
When entering a Spiceworks work order, please select “Lab Request” for the Type field.
If there are any problems entering your lab work order, please contact the Help Desk at
882-4357 or email@example.com.