Final Exam Library Hours Policies
The University Boulevard Library will be open until midnight a week before and during final exams to provide a safe and comfortable research and study environment free of disruption for its students, staff, and faculty.
- The library will be open until 12:00am Sunday - Thursday. The hours between 10:00pm and 12:00am are to be used for study purposes only.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to have their UTB ID card with them at all times.
- No food or drinks will be allowed in the library building and study rooms except for bottled containers or cups with lids.
- All patrons are required to keep a moderate noise level in the library building and study rooms.
- Cellular and digital phones should be silenced or turned off so that other library users are not disturbed.
- Study rooms may be occupied for a 3 hour time period. However, if additional time is needed after the initial 3 hour limit has expired, and no one is waiting for the room in use, the patron may renew the study room at the Circulation & Reserves desk for an additional amount of 3 hours. The time limit can NOT exceed 6 hours
- The services that will be available from 10:00pm to 12:00am will include the following: checking in and checking out books, study room keys, materials placed on reserve by faculty, reference and computer help desk assistance.
- No picture IDs will be taken during final exam library hours.
- The following departments will not be open from 10:00pm To 12:00am: Periodicals, the Learning Resource Center, and Interlibrary Loan services.
- Computer Help Desk staff will provide assistance with computers and copy or printing machines.
- No children allowed during final exam library hours.
- Security will be available to escort patrons if needed.
- Email any comments and suggestions regarding the final exam library hours to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If policy and procedures are not followed and if patrons violate the Library Polices and Responsibilities, the Campus Police Officer on duty will be notified immediately. Disruptive conduct WILL NOT be tolerated and will be referred to the Dean of Students Office.