Final Exam Library Hours Policy
The University Library extends its hours of operation a week before and during final exams to provide a safe and comfortable research and study environment free of disruption for its students, staff, and faculty.
- Extended library hours are to be used for study purposes only.
- No food or drinks will be allowed in the library building and study rooms except for bottled containers or cups with lids.
- All patrons are required to keep a moderate noise level in the library building and study rooms.
- Cellular and digital phones should be silenced or turned off so that other library users are not disturbed.
- Study rooms are available for current UTB or TSC students, faculty and staff on a first-come, first-served basis and can be checked out at the Library and Research Services Desk with a valid UTB or TSC ID card. Study rooms may be occupied for a 3-hour time period. However, if additional time is needed after the initial 3-hour limit has expired, and no one is waiting for the room in use, the patron may renew the study room at the Library and Research Services Desk for an additional amount of 3 hours. The time limit cannot exceed 6 hours. Room renewals will only be allowed at the discretion of Library staff. The 3-hour policy will be strictly enforced to allow fair access to the study rooms.
- The services that will be available during our extended hours will include the following: checking in and checking out books, study room keys, materials placed on reserve by faculty, reference and computer help desk assistance.
- Computer Help Desk staff will provide assistance with computers and copy or printing machines.
- For unattended children policies, please view the Library Use Policy.
- Security will be available to escort patrons if needed.
- Email any comments and suggestions regarding the extended hours to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If policy and procedures are not followed and if patrons violate the Library Polices and Responsibilities, the Campus Police Officer on duty will be notified immediately. Disruptive conduct will not be tolerated and will be referred to the Dean of Students Office.