- To ensure all material is received within the current fiscal year, the ordering cycle begins in September and ends in March.
- To facilitate the ordering process, please provide as much information about the item as possible (i.e. Title, ISBN, Author, Edition, Format, and Publisher).
- In order to be notified about the item's availability in the collection, please include your name and contact information with the recommendation.
- When ordering new material, the Acquisitions Staff support and implement the criteria established in the Collection Development Policy.
- Priority is given to faculty recommendations.
- The library does not acquire textbooks.
Material Available in the Library's Collection
- Patrons who recommend items already owned by University Libraries will receive an email with the Title, Call Number and Location of item.
Holding Material ("On Hold")
Upon request, the University Libraries will hold new acquisitions that are circulating at the Circulation Desk for checkout. This is a courtesy offered by the library to ensure a faster checkout process for the patron. Patrons who request this service will have 3 days to reply, requesting use of this service, before they are made available to the wider UTB community. Please review the following holdings procedure for new acquisitions:
- Patrons receive an email with the Title, Call Number and Location of the item requested.
- Patrons have 3 days to reply indicating which titles they want the library to hold for checkout.
- Upon receiving this email, Acquisitions Staff will forward this holding request to the Circulation Department. For non-circulating items (such as Archives or Reference), the departments must be contacted for approval.
- The library will reorder a cancelled item for a maximum of three times in an attempt to acquire it.
- Items cancelled for the third time will be removed from the ordering queue.
- The patron who recommended the cancelled item will be notified via email that the library is unable to acquire this item and that it will be removed from the ordering queue.