Fitness Floor Guidelines
1. Appropriate exercise attire must be worn at all times. Users must wear a shirt that completely covers the torso. Pants/shorts with metal accessories are not permitted.
2. Shoes must be protective closed-toe, non-marking athletic shoes: no sandals, flip flops, clogs, or boots.
3. Patrons must carry a sweat towel when on the fitness floor.
4. Patrons must wipe down the equipment with a towel after use.
5. Dumbbells and weights must be re-racked after use.
6. Do not drop the weights or weight stacks.
7. Use of weight collars is required at all times.
8. Water must be in a closed plastic container. Food and gum are prohibited.
9. Cell phone use is prohibited on the fitness floor.
10. Personal belongings/bags are not allowed on the fitness floor.
11. Spotters are recommended on all lifts.
12. Chalk is prohibited.
13. Exercise at your own risk.
14. Please notify a staff member if equipment is not working properly.
15. Liability prohibits children under the age of 18 on the fitness floor and track unless sanctioned by a university function or event.
16. Patrons must comply with staff instructions. Staff is responsible for supervising a safe environment.