Become Lifeguard Certified
Boost your resume, find a job that you love. Attend this 30 hour course and acquire lifesaving skills and techniques useful for a lifetime.
Spring 2013 Courses
- Begins Monday, February 18 – Friday March 1; 3:30-6:30pm. This two week course meets Monday - Friday at the REK Pool.
- Begins Tuesday, March 19 – Friday, March 29. This two week course meets Tuesday's from 1-5pm, Wednesday's from 4:30-6:30pm, Thursday's from 1-5pm and Friday's from 1-5pm.
Location: REK Center Pool
Participants will pay on the first day of class, after passing a pre-course swim test.
Through classroom learning and hands-on practice you’ll learn:
- Surveillance skills to help you recognize and prevent injuries.
- You will learn rescue skills in the water and on land.
- First Aid Training and Professional Rescuer CPR/AED to help you prepare for any emergency.
- Professional lifeguard responsibilities like interacting with the public and addressing uncooperative patrons.
- This course requires participants to pass a swimming pre-course test.
- Must be 15 years of age to participate.
- Make sure to bring your swimsuit, a positive attitude and the desire to learn.
For additional information email firstname.lastname@example.org.