- Notify his or her counselor of their interest in the CUB Program and pick up a program application.
- Complete and submit the CUB application.
- Interview with CUB staff (Parent/student).
- Complete an entrance exam.
- All above mentioned are then evaluated, reviewed and allotted points-highest ranking applicants are accepted into the program.
- Be enrolled at targeted Independent School District high school campus.
- Be economically disadvantaged and/or potential first generation college student (first generation applicants are those whose natural or adoptive parents have not received a baccalaureate degree in the United States.
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Demonstrate a marked interest in pursuing a college/university degree