To facilitate the successful transition of incoming students to the university through programming that supports their academic achievements and personal development. Orientation seeks to improve the university's retention efforts and enhance students' development by helping them feel welcomed, connected and proud of their university and its traditions.
Goals of Orientation:
- To provide resources to build a foundation for the student's success in college
- To promote a sense of belonging to UTB
- To acculturate new students in the college experience by raising awareness as to the university's expectations and support services available
- To explain the academic components of college life
- Help new students begin to understand their rights and responsibilities
Purpose of orientation:
Orientation of new students is a collaborative effort by the entire UTB community. Our staff and faculty are committed to assisting you to transition into the University environment. We have designed Orientation programs and services whose purpose is to provide you information about the resources available to you in support of your educational goals.