Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly is the Student Success Center (SSC)?
SSC was created to unite under one department all support services provided by Student Affairs aiming to improve students’ academic success. In this manner, resources and goals are planed more effectively.
Where is SSC located?
All services are housed on the first floor of Mary Rose Cardenas Hall North. However, each SSC component has it's own location as indicated below:
- ASPIRE-- MRCH North 112
- CAMP-- MRCH North 103
- STING -- MRCH North 122
- Career Counseling -MRCH North Annex
- Educational Counseling – MRCH North Annex
- Student Athlete Success Services – MRCH North Annex
- Graduation Coach– MRCH North Annex
- SophoMORE Project – MRCH North Annex
- Career and Academic Counseling--NRCH North Annex
- Student Athlete Scorpion Guide – MRCH North Annex
Can SSC help me if I have a learning disability?
Yes. We will be glad to help you to the best of our ability. The same practices and restrictions apply to all students. We are able to offer career/educational counseling & coaching and tutoring and mentoring through SSS/ASPIRE Program. However, we cannot serve as a scribe. A scribe can be obtained through the Office of Disability Services, located at the Lightner Center, near the library. For more information regarding these services contact Steve Wilder at (956) 882-7374 or firstname.lastname@example.org.