The Student Union maintains seven facilities that are available for use by UTB/TSC chartered student organizations, faculty, staff, administration, alumni, and community members. Please read through your related Policies and Procedures: Students, Departments, General Public, or Non-For-Profit Organizations.
Rental fees are assessed by the type of organization that is making the reservation, along with the requested rental time frame. Additional fees may apply for special room set-ups, audio/visual, dance floor, service kitchen, equipment, and special needs.
Please contact the Student Union Office at (956) 882-6776 with inquiries.
Meeting Room Reservations - must be submitted five (5) business days prior to meeting date to guarantee room reservations.
El Gran Salon (Ballroom), The Veranda (outdoor area), La Sala and El Comedor Reservations - must be submitted thirty (30) business days prior to the event to guarantee room reservation.
- A Student Union Facility Reservation Request Form and Payment Contract must be submitted for all Student Union reservations.
- All verbal request for facilities are considered tentative. Verbal facility request will be CANCELLED after twenty-four (24) hours unless a completed Student Union Facility Reservation Request Form and Payment Contract, along with Reservation Deposit are received by the Student Union Office with the twenty-four (24) hour period from the time the verbal request is made.
- All reservations are subject to automatic cancellation without notice if the contract requirements are not met by the deadline date.
- Users may not advertise a meeting or event until it has been confirmed.
- The person responsible for the event must provide all reservations details and must be in attendance at the event. The Student Union Office must be informed of any change in the person responsible for an event. Failure of a user to comply with this policy may result in the immediate loss of all scheduling privileges.
- No user may reserve space on behalf of another user or organization. Users may not sell, sublease, or transfer reservations to another individual or organization. The user must be the primary organizer and the sponsor of the event. Failure to comply with this policy may result in the immediate loss of all scheduling privileges.
- The Student Union Office reserves the right to CANCEL any event not in compliance with the Facility Reservation and Payment Contract of the Student Union and/or the University.
- Reassignment of space may occasionally be necessary and shall be done at the discretion of the Student Union Office. Whenever possible, the Student Union Office will notify users of any facility change in advance. The Student Union Office reserves the right to cancel and event or modify the extent of services provided in the vent of utility interruptions, campus emergencies, or threats of immediate danger.