Veterans are eligible to participate in the Veterans Upward Bound Program under the following circumstances:
1. Active Duty
- Veterans who served on active duty as a member of the armed forces of The United States
Served for more than 180 days
- Discharged or released from active duty under conditions other than dishonorable
- Discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability (180 days does not apply)
2. Reservist / National Guard
- Members of a reserve component of the Armed Forces called to active duty for a period of more than 30 days.
- Members of a reserve component of the Armed Forces who served less than 30 days on active duty in support of a contingency operation (under title 10) designated by the Secretary of Defense as an operation in which members of the armed forces are or may become involved in military actions, operations, or hostilities against an enemy of the United States or against an opposing military force on or after September 11, 2001.''
3. Both Active Duty and Reserve component must meet one or both of the following below:
- First-generation college students (Individual whose natural or adoptive parents have not received a baccalaureate degree)
- Economically disadvantaged.