One West University Boulevard, Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-882-8200

ready for graduation?

Apply For Graduation

By the end of your junior year, you should schedule a meeting with an Academic Advisor to review your degree evaluation and begin discussing graduation. Although it may be a year away, the deadline to submit your application for graduation is as important as the schedule for your final exams.

Graduation application deadlines fall nine months prior to the commencement ceremony. This time is crucial for the Registrar’s Office and the Academic Advising Center. Once you submit your application to the Registrar’s Office, your degree evaluation is reviewed and an email is sent to you regarding your pending requirements. This gives you an outlin​e for your final year of coursework and allows you to review if all departmental approve​d course substitutions have been processed.

For more information on the Graduation Application Procedure, please visit the following link:​.


Follow-Up Regarding Graduation Requirements

Some degrees at UTB have specific requirements for graduation, such as internships, exams or department approved courses. Make sure to submit your request for registration approval or any necessary documents on time to assure that you will complete your degree requirements as you have planned. If you are unsure if your degree has these requirements or would like to know who to contact to submit documentation/requests to, meet with an advisor to discuss your degree. 


Changing Your Graduation Date

If you have not completed all of the required coursework or degree requirements by the semester that you have applied for, you will need to change the graduation date on your application. This can be done by contacting the Registrar’s Office via phone, email or in person and notify them of the change in your application. You should complete any updates as soon as possible, to avoid additional fees or delays in your graduation.

It may occur that you choose to change the degree that your are pursuing after you submit your application for graduation. If this happens, you must meet with an academic advisor to process the necessary changes to your student file and receive a signed copy of your new degree evaluation. Once you have completed this, you will need to submit a copy of your signed degree evaluation to the Registrar’s Office so that they can update your student record.                   ​​

For comments and questions, please contact the Webmaster.