Space and clinical site availability require the limitations on class size; therefore, admission to the program is competitive and based on high school or college grades and test scores.
Applications for admission into the Emergency Medical Science Program will be accepted for consideration only if the applicant:
- Has completed admission procedures for UTB/TSC
- Submits a complete "Application for Admission" to the EMS Program by the July 15 deadline.
- Submits test score results - TASP/THEA Exam (TASP/THEA *not required for EMS Certificate I)
- Submits transcript of all previously completed college work
- Submits a copy of his or her high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
PREREQUISITES **(May be taken concurrently)**
HPRS 1106 Medical Terminology
BIOL 2301 Human Anatomy & Physiology I
BIOL 2101 Human Anatomy & Physiology I - Lab
Admissions will continue until the class is full.
If there are more successful applicants than the program can accept in a given admissions period, a waiting list will be developed based on the dates of the original applications.
Note: A criminal Background check, up-to-date immunizations, and current Healthcare Provider CPR Certification are required of all students prior to clinical assignments.