EARN A BACHELOR OF SCIENCE AND MD DEGREE IN SIX YEARS!
A-PRIME TIME PROGRAM WILL HELP YOU.
A-PRIME TIME is a partnership between the Department of Biomedicine at UTB and our fellow UT System institutions – the UT Medical School in Galveston and the UT Medical School in Houston.
A-PRIME TIME PROGRAM
The partnership will provide students the opportunity of obtaining a BS in Biomedical Sciences from UTB & a MD degree from UT Medical School in Galveston or the UT Medical School in Houston in a total of just six years!
A-PRIME TIME OFFERS
Learn critical thinking & problem solving skills via UTB’s BMED degree plan. Coursework will include clinical applications, communication skills, learning communities, and interactive classroom settings.SUMMER ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS-
Attend enrichment programs at select medical school campuses, in which you will see patients as part of a medical team and receive instruction in gross anatomy.MCAT PREPARATION-
Participate in MCAT reviews to prepare for the MCAT exam during your second year of undergraduate studies.STUDENT PROGRESSION & PROMOTION-
Progress through the program by mastering competencies that will be assessed continuously.MEDICAL SCHOOL-
(TIME Academy) Conditional acceptance into participating medical school by mastering competencies.
Bachlor's Degree in Biomedical Sciences (TIME ACADEMY)
Deadline to submit your Application to A-PRIME TIME is January 31, 2015
TOP 11 REASONS TO
JOIN A-PRIME TIME AT UTB
- New & innovative BS in Biomedical Sciences (BMED) degree plan
- Undergraduate classes developed in conjunction with medical school faculty
- Undergraduate summer programs in coordination with the medical schools
- Save one year in undergraduate tuition
- Opportunities for biomedical research
- Great faculty mentoring opportunities
- Medical school classroom teaching techniques in undergraduate classes
- Medical school faculty teaching in the undergraduate curriculum
- Supervised clinical experiences
- Save one year in medical school tuition
- Earn your Bachelor and Medical degrees in only 6 years!