Mission & Goals
CLA mission statement
The College of Liberal Arts provides students with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to actively participate in a rapidly changing global society. Students are prepared for a broad variety of careers through the promotion of critical thinking, articulate expression, creativity, and through the knowledge of the arts, literature, and history, as well as human behavior and cultures. The College of Liberal Arts is committed to fostering lifelong learning beyond the traditional classroom, extending into the community and promoting civic discourse.
1. Support and advance systematic inquiry and scholarly activities.
2. Maintain curriculum and teaching standards that provide students with the knowledge of the arts, literature, and history, as well as human behavior and cultures and that promote the General Educational Competencies of reading, writing, speaking, listening, critical thinking, and computer literacy skills.
3. Support and develop high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs that respond to the needs of students and the community.
4. Maintain and enhance relations with alumni and the community.
5. Engage in intervention to promote student success, retention, and graduation.