Carlos G. Gómez Advanced Painter's Scholarship
Specified Award Criteria:
- The scholarship is open to all students who are a declared art major.
- A student must be a U.S. citizen, resident alien or international student.
- A student must enroll for a minimum of 12 credit hours and take at least one painting course as part of the 12 hours.
- The scholarship is for $500.00, awarded once during a semester.
- The scholarship is renewable upon successful completion of each semester of course work. However, the student must reapply for a successive year's award.
- There is a specified GPA minimum of 3.5.
- The student chosen for the Carlos G. Gómez Advanced Painter's Scholarship should be someone who has demonstrated a commitment to painting and is a painting major only.
- The scholarship is open to upper division art (painting) majors only.
- The committee will be called Carlos G. Gómez Advanced Painter's Scholarship Committee, which will be compromised of members of the 2-D visual art faculty and will award the scholarship based on the specified criteria—a portfolio of previous painting, a letter stating why one is worthy of the award and proof of GPA.
- The committee will be chaired by the painting head that will be responsible for tracking the recipient.
- Only one scholarship per year will be awarded. A current recipient must reapply each year through a completive process and satisfy the specified criteria again.
- Student must submit a portfolio to the chair of the committee, who will then share it with the committee.
- The portfolio should contain 10 samples of the student’s artwork (in painting), a bio, and a statement explaining why he or she is deserving of the scholarship.
- Upon selection the student will then be sent to the appropriate university department for processing.
- The committee will have the option of no award if it deems that submissions are not up to standards.